Makita XUX01M5PT Cordless String Trimmer Kit
18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium‑Ion Brushless Cordless Couple Shaft Power Head with String Trimmer Attachment
Landscapers and contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE that includes the 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Couple Shaft Power Head. With zero emissions, lower noise and maximum versatility, the Power Head is a welcome solution for a range of trimming and cutting applications. It’s powered by two 18V LXT batteries for maximum performance and run time without the hassles of gas and without leaving the 18V battery platform.
The Power Head is compatible with a variety of optional couple shaft attachments, with a lever style lock system for quick tool-less installation and replacement. It can be used with multiple attachments for trimming, edging, cultivating, and brush cutting (sold separately). Note that kit XUX01M5PT includes string trimmer attachment.
Makita’s efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per battery charge than similar non-brushless tools. Electronic controls efficiently use battery energy to match the changing demands of the application for increased power and speed when needed. With no carbon brushes, the Makita BL Brushless motor runs cooler and more efficiently for longer life. For added protection, the Electronic Torque Control turns the motor off if the rotation speed suddenly slows down or stops, and the overheat warning system turns on an indicator light and is engineered to automatically stop the motor. Added features include a variable speed trigger, and reverse (clockwise) rotation system that allows the operator to quickly clear the brush cutter head of entangled weed and grass.
- (1) 18V X2 (36V) LXT Brushless Couple Shaft Power Head (XUX01Z)
- (1) String Trimmer Couple Shaft Attachment (EM405MP)
- (1) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD)
- (2) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
- Battery Rating: 36 Volt (Two 18V)
- Cutting Capacity: 17" Diameter
- No Load Speed: 0 - 7,100 / 0 - 6,000 / 0 - 4,200 RPM
- Overall Length: 69"
- Shaft Type: Multi-tool Attachment
- Net Weight (with batteries): 17.2 lbs
- BL Brushless motor delivers up to 7,100 RPM for faster cutting
- 3-speed options (Low: 4,200 RPM, Medium: 6,000 High: 7,100 RPM) for power management
- Variable speed trigger switch for controlled cutting speed
- Compatible with a variety of Makita couple shaft attachments for various applications
- Lever style lock system allows for quick tool-less installation and replacement of attachments
- Reverse (clockwise) rotation system allows operator to quickly clear brush cutter head of entangled grass and weeds
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
WARNING: California residents, see information about Proposition 65