Makita XBP05ZB LXT 18 Volt Sub-Compact Brushless Band Saw (Tool Only)
Add to Cart for Price
The Makita 18V LXT Sub-Compact Brushless Cordless Portable Band Saw (XBP05ZB is a sub-compact cutting solution designed for one-handed operation in tight spaces and overhead cutting applications.
The XBP05ZB features a BL Brushless Motor that delivers 0-630 ft/min variable blade speed for faster, more efficient cutting. It performs up to 160 cuts of 3/4" EMT with one charged 18V LXT 2.0Ah Battery. Constant speed control automatically applied additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load during challenging jobs. Overload protection is designed to protect the motor from burnout during abnormally high torque situations.
The XBP05ZB weighs just 7.3 lbs (with battery, sold separately) with a more compact design at 14-3/4" long and an ergonomic shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue. It has a 2" x 2" cutting capacity. The XBP05ZB is also equipped with a built in L.E.D. light that illuminates the work area for more efficient work, as well as rubber bumpers and a removable hook.
It meets ANSI blade guarding requirements for one-handed operation. Trigger switch with lock-off feature requires two actions to power-on the band saw. A catch bar helps eliminate accidental follow through during repetitive cutting.
The XBP05ZB is engineered for a range of metal cutting tasks, and it's perfect for electrical, HVAC, installation, metal building, metal fabrication, plumbing, and any pro contractor who requires a compact cordless portable band saw.
- XBP05ZB Cordless Portable Band Saw
- (1) 28-3/4" 18 TPI Bi-Metal Sub-Compact Portable Band Saw Blade (E-04139)
- (1) Hex Wrench
- Battery Rating: 18V LXT Lithium-Ion
- Max. Cutting Capacity (round workpiece): 2"
- Max. Cutting Capacity (rectangular workpiece): 2" x 2"
- Blade Length: 28-3/4"
- No Load Speed: 630 ft/min
- Overall Length: 14-3/4"
- Net Weight (with battery): 7.3 lbs
- Sub-Compact cutting solution designed for one-handed operation in tight spaces and overhead applications
- 2" x 2" cutting capacity; ideal for cutting multiple types of materials
- Makita-built BL Brushless Motor delivers 0-630 ft./min. variable blade speed for faster and more efficient cutting
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load during challenging jobs
- Overload protection is designed to protect the motor from burnout in abnormally high torque situations
- Sub-compact design at 14-3/4" long; weighs only 7.3 lbs. with battery for convenient operation (battery not included)
- Meets ANSI blade guarding requirements for one-handed operation
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area
- Trigger switch with lock-off feature requires two actions to power on the band saw
- Catch bar helps eliminate accidental follow through during repetitive cutting
- Blade tracking dial provides quick and easy adjustability for increased cutting performance
- Die-cast aluminum gear and blade housing for increased cutting stability
- Retractable tool hook secures the tool when not in use
- Adjustable stopper plate provides improved material support while cutting in flush to surface scenarios
- "Tool-less" blade change lever for fast installation and removal of blade
- Soft grip handle provides increased operator comfort
- On-board hex wrench for convenience
- Accepts 28-3/4" x 1/2" blades
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controlsª to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
WARNING: California residents, see information about Proposition 65