Makita GAG01M1 40V Max XGT 4-1/2" / 5" Angle Grinder Kit
Add to Cart for Price
The 40V Max XGT Brushless Cordless 4-1/2" / 5" Cut-Off/Angle Grinder with Electric Brake (GAG01M1) delivers corded grinding performance without the cord for the most demanding applications. It's powered by a Makita-built brushless motor which delivers 8,500 RPM for heavy-load applications and increased power and speed. The GAG01M1 offers up to 60% faster cutting speed when cutting #5 (5/8") rebar. It is ideal for grinding and cutting a wide range of materials including tile, concrete, pipe, conduit, and more.
An electric current limiter helps protect the motor from overload in high-torque applications. Additional features include an electric brake that stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 2 seconds or less and Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT) that turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is forced to a stop.
A slide switch with lock-on is convenient, while quick guard rotation provides tool-less adjustments for increased productivity. Anti-restart protection is engineered to prevent motor start-up when the battery is inserted while the slide switch is locked on. A soft start suppresses start-up reaction and provides smooth start-ups.
Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering the motor. The GAG01M1 is also equipped with Makita's Extreme Protection Technology (XPT), a series of protective seals inside the tool. XPT is designed to improve a toolÕs operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components. Reinforced metal gear housing provides additional durability on the job site.
XGT is a system of equipment, tools, batteries and chargers utilizing 40v Max lithium-ion batteries. XGT is engineered to deliver high power to take on high-demand applications, allowing users to completely transition to a cordless job site. XGT is equipped with advanced brushless motor engineering, intelligent digital communication, and superior durability features to outpower, outsmart and outlast the rest.
- (1) 40V Max XGT Brushless 4-1/2Ó / 5" Angle Grinder, with Electric Brake (GAG01Z)
- (1) 40V Max XGT 4.0Ah Battery (BL4040)
- (1) 40V Max XGT Rapid Optimum Charger (DC40RA)
- (1) 5" x 1/4" x 7/8" INOX Grinding Wheel, 36 Grit (A-95962)
- (1) 5" Tool-Less Wheel Guard (140N43-5)
- (1) Lock Nut Wrench (782424-9)
- (1) Side Handle
- (1) Tool Bag
- Rating: 18 Volt
- No-load RPM: 8,500
- Wheel Size: 5"
- Arbor Size: 5/8"-11
- Length: 16-1/8"
- Weight: 7.9 lbs w/Battery
- OUTPOWER: Makita-built brushless motor along with 40V Max XGT battery combine to deliver powerful grinding and up to 60% faster cutting speed than predecessor models
- OUTSMART: Electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 2 seconds or less for maximum productivity
- OUTLAST: Electronic current limiter helps protect the motor from overload in high torque application
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- Anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Slide switch with lock-on for operator convenience
- Quick guard rotation allows easy tool-less adjustment for increased productivity
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Reinforced metal gear housing engineered for maximum job site durability
- Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering motor
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Compact at only 16-1/8" long; ideal for tight spaces
- The digital communication within XGT optimizes performance to provide up to 2X longer sustained power under heavy-load applications
- The digital communication within XGT actively monitors and protects against overload, over-discharge and overheating
- XGT Tools and Batteries are designed with a multi-layer contact interface for more constant power delivery to take on high-current demands
- XGT Batteries feature rigid rails with impact-resistant construction to secure the battery to the tool during high-demand applications (batteries not included)
- The XGT Rapid Charger with dual-fan design circulates air through the battery to cool the battery and circuit board quickly for faster charging (charger not included)
- The XGT Rapid ChargerÕs digital display indicates battery charge level (-80%, +80%, 100%)
- The XGT Rapid ChargerÕs built-in chip thoroughly communicates during the charging process to control current, voltage, and temperature for more efficient charging
- 3-year limited warranty
WARNING: California residents, see information about Proposition 65