Amana 55388 Carbide Tipped Glue Joint
Jointing Router Bits: Glue Joint Router Bit, Carbide Tipped: 1-3/32" Dia x 1/2" x 1/2" Shank
The lock miter is an interlocking edge-to-edge joint, typically used at the corners of casework. Used in a table-mounted router, run at reduced speed, this bit cuts both halves of the joint. The same setup of bit and fence cuts both parts. One part is laid flat on the tabletop and fed across the cutter. The second is braced vertically against the fence and fed across the cutter. For best results use in a table-mounted router.
- 55388 Glue Joint Router Bit
- Diameter (D): 1-7/8"
- Diameter (D1): 1-7/16"
- Cutting Height (B): 1-3/32"
- Shank (d): 1/2"
- Overall Length (L): 2-5/8"
- Flutes: 2
- High quality long lasting European sub-micrograin & micrograin carbide
- Thick carbide for multiple resharpenings
- Different carbide grades for different materials
- Silver induction brazing for maximum carbide bonding strength
- Produced according to Holz-BG German standards for safety and quality
- Centerless ground shank for exact fit
- Multi axis grinding
- Bodies manufactured in single clamping for superior balance, symmetry, precision and centricity
- Use of only solid bar stock steel (brazed bits)
- Shanks laser etched with size, maximum RPM ratings and clamping depth
WARNING: California residents, see information about Proposition 65