Amana 45108 High Production Straight Plunge Router Bit
Straight Plunge Router Bits: High Production Router Bits, Carbide Tipped : 1/4" Dia x 1" x 1/4" Shank
In choosing a straight bit for any application, always select one with the shortest cutting edges and the shortest overall length that will reach the required cut depth. Excessive length intensifies deflection and vibration, which degrade cut quality and lead to tool breakage.
A single-flute bit should be used where cut speed is more important than cut finish. Making one cut per revolution is faster than making two or three. Improved chip clearance is possible with a single flute configuration. The result: fast cuts.
- 45102 Straight Plunge Single Router Bit
- Diameter (D): 1/4"
- Cutting Height (B): 1"
- Shank (d): 1/4"
- Overall Length (L): 2-1/4"
- Flutes: 1
- High quality long lasting European sub-micrograin & micrograin carbide
- Thick carbide for multiple resharpenings
- Different carbide grades for different materials
- Silver induction brazing for maximum carbide bonding strength
- Produced according to Holz-BG German standards for safety and quality
- Centerless ground shank for exact fit
- Multi axis grinding
- Bodies manufactured in single clamping for superior balance, symmetry, precision and centricity
- Use of only solid bar stock steel (brazed bits)
- Shanks laser etched with size, maximum RPM ratings and clamping depth
WARNING: California residents, see information about Proposition 65