Amana 49104 Cove Router Bit
Profiling Router Bits: Cove Router Bits, Carbide Tipped: 1/4" Rad x 7/8" Dia x 9/16" x 1/4" Shank
The covetto form – produced by the cove bit – is one of the classic building blocks for many molding profiles. Use it alone or in combination with beads and fillets. Use the cove to detail the edges of casework, doors and drawers, posts and columns. The cove also makes up one-half of the rule joint used on drop-leaf tables, the other half is the corner-round.For best results with a large radius cutter, make a preliminary cut with a smaller radius bit or chamfer the workpiece to reduce the amount of stock to be removed in the finish pass. This will produce a smoother finish and prolong tool life. The largest diameter bits must be run at reduced speed.
Use in a handheld or table-mounted router.
- 49104 Cove Router Bit
- Radius (R): 1/4"
- Diameter (D): 7/8"
- Cutting Height (B): 9/16"
- Shank (d): 1/4"
- Overall Length (L): 2"
- Flutes: 2
- Replacement Bearing: 47704
- High quality long lasting European sub-micrograin & micrograin carbide
- Thick carbide for multiple resharpenings
- Different carbide grades for different materials
- Silver induction brazing for maximum carbide bonding strength
- Produced according to Holz-BG German standards for safety and quality
- Centerless ground shank for exact fit
- Multi axis grinding
- Bodies manufactured in single clamping for superior balance, symmetry, precision and centricity
- Use of only solid bar stock steel (brazed bits)
- Shanks laser etched with size, maximum RPM ratings and clamping depth
WARNING: California residents, see information about Proposition 65