Bosch PLH181B Cordless Planer
18V 3-1/4" Planer - Bare Tool
The Bosch PLH181 planer is great for fast stock removal and leaves a smooth finish. This planer is ideal for trimming doors, and because it is cordless, it eliminates the possibility of running out of cord in the middle of a planing pass. The electronically counterbalanced single-blade system automatically positions the blade at the ideal cutting angle, and it eliminates uneven planing caused by misaligned blades. The planer comes with a guide fence that can be mounted to either side of the tool. The Bosch line of cordless tools uses the industry's most advanced Lithium-Ion technology for greater battery life and more run time, all in a lighter package. Battery and charger sold separately.
See LARGER IMAGE
- (1) JSH180 18V 3-1/4" Planer
- (1) PA1207 Edge Guide Fence
- (1) PA1202 Woodrazor Micrograin Carbide Blade
- (1) Blade Wrench
Purchasing this item qualifies you for free FedEx ground shipping within the lower 48 states on your entire order.
- Battery Rating: 18V
- No-load RPM: 14,000
- Planing Depth: 0" to 1/16"
- Planing Width: 0" to 3-1/4"
- Weight: 4.5 lbs
- High-performance four-pole motor for fast stock removal and a smooth finish
- Edge-guide fence - ensures consistent planning through entire workpiece; can be mounted on either side of tool and has protective shield that covers section of blade when not in use
- Ratcheting depth knob allows fool-proof setting of depth increments from 0 to 1/16" (1.5 mm) within one revolution, eliminating the need to re-zero the depth
- Chip-ejection switch - directs shavings left or right
- Electronically counterbalanced single-blade design system automatically positions blade at ideal cutting angle; reduces drag, enables faster operation and smoothest cutting
- Equipped with Bosch Woodrazor micrograin carbide blade resists fractures from nail and staple strikes and provides superior lifetime versus standard carbide blades
- Aluminum front and rear shoes machined after assembly to ensure accuracy
- Ambidextrous lock-off release button helps avoid accidental starts
- Electronic Motor Protection (EMP) protects the motor against overload and ensures a long lifetime
- Bosch FatPack Batteries (sold separately) feature the CoolPack Design with a special heat-conductive housing and ribbing that cools them by drawing out heat out, providing battery life of up to 100% over lithium-ion batteries without CoolPack design
- Bosch Electronic Cell Protection (ECP) protects the battery against overload, overheating and deep discharge