DeWalt DW788 Scroll Saw
20" Variable-Speed Scroll Saw
The DW788 Scroll Saw was chosen as the Editor's Choice in the June 2001 issue of American Woodworker. Tool reviewers praise the DeWalt Scroll Saw for several of its features. They highlight the easy blade threading that is obtained with the upper lifting arm, the low vibration that comes from the arm design and the easy to reach controls. The article concludes stating that the DW788 scroll saw offers features that make it user-friendly for the amateur but sophisticated enough to satisfy the needs of the advanced scroller.
See LARGER IMAGE
- DW788 Scroll Saw
- Hex Wrench
- Scroll Saw Blades
- Rating: 120V AC
- Amperage: 1.3
- No-load SPM: 400 to 1,750
- Stroke Length: 3/4"
- Depth of Cut: 2"
- Weight: 56.0 lbs
- The DW788 scroll saw double parallel-link arm design dramatically reduces vibration and noise, for extremely accurate cuts.
- Exclusive tool-free blade clamps allow blade changes in seconds.
- On-off switch, electronic variable speed, flexible dust blower and blade-tensioning lever are all located on the front upper arm for added convenience.
- Arm design pivots from the back of the saw to the front, shortening the arm movement for smoother, quieter operation.
- Arm lifts so blade can be easily threaded through the material for inside cuts.
- Unique arm design keeps the blade perpendicular to the work, dramatically reducing over or under cutting.
- The DW788 oversized, cast-iron table provides excellent material support and bevels 45 degrees left and right.