Porter-Cable 895PK Router 2-1/4 HP Multi-Base Kit
Plunge and Fixed Base with Table Height Adjuster
The 895PK Router is designed with a soft-starting, 12 Amp motor featuring full-time electronic feedback that maintains motor speed through the toughest applications.
- Removable Motor #8902
- Fixed Base #8901
- Plunge Base #8931
- Height Adjuster #75301
- 1/4" & 1/2" Collets
- Collet Wrench
- Multi-Functional Carrying Case
- Rating: 120V AC
- Amperage: 12.0
- Horsepower: 2-1/4
- No-load RPM: 10,000-23,000
- Collet Diameter: 1/4" & 1/2"
- Base: Fixed, Plunge
- Variable-speed control feature (10,000 - 23,000 rpm) enables bit speed to be optimized for changing applications.
- Release the motor, adjust bit height and clamp the motor from above the router table with model #75301 kit (included). Fixed base only.
- Plunge base features machined brass bushings and steel guide rods for a smooth, free-flowing plunge stroke.
- Plunge base offers through-the-column dust collection for efficient dust removal and improved bit and cut-line visibility.
- 6-position adjustable turret enables stepped or repeated plunge cuts.
- Dual-position switch allows user to cut power while maintaining control of the router.
- Overmolded rubber handles provide a comfortable and secure grip.
- Spindle lock system disables switch when engaged for router bit changes.
- Durable latch lever enables quick and simple coarse depth adjustments and motor release for transition between bases.
- Rack and pinion adjustment provides fine depth settings to 1/128" (fixed base only).
- Clear Lexan sub-base provides improved durability and bit visibility.
- Sub-base centering gauge ensures router bit concentricity.
- Flat side on plunge base allows user to work in tighter spaces and provides a straight reference point.
- Collets included to accept 1/4" and 1/2" shank bits.
- Motor transitions quickly between fixed base (included), plunge base (included), and traditional spiral down bases (690 series)
The "Skinny" on the 890 Series Router Systems
This link provides more information on the 890 Series routers and accessories.